Foxwood HOA Board
February 27, 2020
I. Call to Order and Roll Call
Susanne Towill called to order the regular meeting of the Foxwood HOA Board Meeting at 7:05 on February 27, 2020, at Re/Max in Covington.
The following board members were present: Susanne Towill/President, Kevin Proett/VP, Linda Audino/Sec, Jon Owens/ACC, Cheryl Owens/Treas, George Barnes/Dir, Scott Johnson/Dir, Jess Anderson/WC, Pat Rowe/Safety, and Eydie and Michael Leighty/MyHOA-online.
We reviewed and unanimously approved the November 5th and January 9th (post annual meeting) minutes. Phone numbers of board members were updated.
II. Financial Report
- We reviewed the current top seven delinquencies.
- Our landscaper has raised prices by $36 per month.
III. Committee Reports
- Our solar lights at entrance were stolen. The security lock deterred them, and they don't have the remotes. ACC will research next steps, and will put together a proposal. A budget of $1400 is available. The committee is considering lights on poles that are cemented into the ground with the battery near the top of the pole.
- Our fence is a dynamic situation. Repairs are made as needed; most repairs made by Estate have held up. A few years ago brackets were added in the "wind zone". We need to check on the cost of fence repairs made in the last five years.
- One board member was concerned about liability if fences along 256th go down. Some owners may have attractive nuisances, like a hot tub, in their back yards. Recently, Estate took ten days to repair downed fencing because the owner was on vacation, but we were assured that repairs are usually done in a very timely manner.
- ACC budget for 2020 is as follows: bark $3500, fence $1232, Grounds Maintenance $9148, Lighting Repairs $1400, and Tree Maintenance/Removal $4690.
- Home owners who won the Holiday Lights contest received their gift cards.
- The committee will be delivering welcome baskets to new homeowners next week.
- The Welcome Committee will be meeting soon to plan spring events.
- Kevin pointed out that realtors are not required to give new homeowners HOA information. He suggested providing a packet to new homeowners that summarizes important information about our neighborhood and HOA. A hardcopy might be nice for people who are hesitant to go online.
- We are registered for National Night Out.
- Pat will be emailing neighbors to invite them to a block watch meeting.
- Police Chief Andy McCurdy has offered to come to the meeting.
IV. Management Report
- Help is needed to report issues online. We were shown how to report an issue/violation and upload a picture. It helps if pictures are time stamped; free aps can be easily downloaded to help with that.
- There was discussion about issue numbers 5539, 5536, and 5535, and reoccurring violations along with lawyer recommendations.
Pat Rowe made a motion to accept lawyer recommendations, with guidance that will allow some fines, and present in court on our behalf. Scott seconded the motion. Motion passed with no one opposed.
V. Old Business/Next Steps
- Issue # 5524 - Homeowner would like to meet with the board. We decided to offer him a WebEx meeting on either March 4 or 9.
- A request was made to move updating R&Rs for parking to the top of next agenda.
- We need to amend bylaws so positions are offset to different times, so board positions don't all end at the same time.
- The next board meeting is on March 25th.
Susie adjourned the meeting at 8:40.
Minutes were submitted by Linda Audino.