[Login][Search][Register]
Foxwood HOA Board
Meeting Minutes
July 24, 2019
 
I. Call to Order and Roll Call
Susanne Towill called to order the regular meeting of the Foxwood HOA Board Meeting at 6:38 PM on July 24, 2019 at Re/Max in Covington.
 
Present: Susanne Towill/Pres, Kevin Proett/VP, Cheryl Owens/Treas, Linda Audino/Sec, Scott Johnson/Dir, Eydie and Michael Leighty/MyHOA-online
 
Absent: Jon Owens/ACC Chair, George Barnes/Dir, Jess Anderson/WC Chair, Pat Rowe/SC Chair
 
Reviewed and approved the April board Meeting Minutes
 
II. Financial Report
  • Did not get May financials in Dropbox.
  • PropVivo did not pay bills or their fee in June; that should happen later in summer.
  • Mutual of Omaha will be refunding approximately $9000 to us.
  • There was a brief pause in collecting overdue accounts during transition, except for those with attorneys. Collections will resume in August.
III. Committee Reports
 
ACC
  • Tree Works will be trimming trees at entrance.
  • Committee would like to move forward with suggestions made by landscape architect, possibly with a work party.
  • ACC has researched installing solar lights at the entrance. A motion was made by Cheryl to approve up to $1700 for solar lights. The vote was unanimous to proceed with solar light installation with 5 yes votes and 0 no votes.
  • There was discussion about communication during the ACC process for approving house paint colors. Some options considered were putting the color pallet online, including information on ACC form about where to view pallet, and viewing color swatches painted on houses before approval, if necessary.
Welcome Committee - Jess was not at the meeting, but submitted a written report.
  • The 4th of July Parade- 17-20 kids plus family participated. The kids paraded through parts of the neighborhood, and enjoyed ice cream treats. There were raffle prizes, hats/headbands, glow sticks, and water and craft projects for everyone.
IV. Management Report
  • Michael has been making good progress with adding Foxwood documents to the website.
  • Parking documents have been updated and need to be approved by the board and put on website.
  • Two legal cases were closed.
  • All Division 1, 2019 ledger information has been uploaded; work is starting on Division 2, ledger information.
V. Old Business -  The board will review suggested changes for two documents at the next meeting. Those documents are the existing Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations (parking, signs).
 
VI.  New Business
  • Some insurance bids have been received; we will be looking at the coverage provided by different companies, and voting in the future.
  • The board has discussed a Reserve Study to make sure we have funds on hand to cover future expected/unexpected expenses. Funds for this are built into the budget for next year. At the next meeting, we will decide if we can also build a Reserve Study into this year's budget.
  • A work party was suggested to go through files in the storage unit, and excess files no longer needed.
  • Cheryl will do a walk through of the neighborhood, and compare violations on past inspection report with current status. 
  • Eydie will resubmit an ongoing vehicle situation (Issue #5524) to Krista at the City of Covington to see if they can assist us. 
  • Susie will contact Pat R. to explain that the chair of any committee needs to be a voting member of the board. At this point he was only interested in chairing Safety Committee. 
Jess updated us on the Welcome Committee and submitted an operating budget.
  • National Night Out is Tuesday, August 6th. The Covington Police department will provide police vehicles and fire trucks to visit the neighborhood. Approximately $240 has been budgeted for the bounce house and tables/chairs rentals. Food will be purchased from Costco with a budget of $250. Flyers will be sent out and sign boards posted throughout the neighborhood. 
  • Jess requested that board members, Eydie, and Michael inform her of new neighbors so the committee can deliver welcome baskets. 
  • The committee has discussed a Fall Harvest event with pumpkin decorating, games, and possibly an ice cream truck. 
VII Adjournment
Susie adjourned the meeting at 8:30.
Minutes were submitted by Linda Audino